General Information for 2020’s Bohicket
- Each runner will be given face covering for start area
- Starting line will be divided w/caution tape into 6′ lanes, then 8′ distancing
- Wave starts 1 minute apart, approx. 30 runners to each wave
- On course water/drinks will be individual containers
- Porto-lets will be professionally sanitized after each use
- After party refreshments will be provided by The Boardwalk observing distancing
- All runners will have temp checked before entering corrals.
- Awards will be available for pickup with distancing observed
We are excited for our 2019 Bohicket Half Marathon & 5K! Every year, the Charleston Running Club holds the Bohicket Half Marathon & 5K to provide funds for the Kiaway – Seabrook Exchange Club and the Charleston Running Club.
Join us for a beautiful flat course around Seabrook Island and a great party afterwards at the Bohicket Marina and Market.
The 5K course is a flat speedy out and back course! You’ll start at the Bohicket Marina on Andell Bluff Boulevard then head out to Seabrook Island Road. You’ll make a right on to Seabrook Island Road, run through the entrance to Seabrook Island and then make a left just past the 1 mile mark on to Seabrook Island Road. You’ll run just under a half mile before turning back around and heading back the direction you started from.
The half marathon course is a flat speedy course prime for setting personal and state records! You’ll start at the Bohicket Marina on Andell Bluff Boulevard then head out to Seabrook Island Road. You’ll make a right on to Seabrook Island Road, run through the entrance to Seabrook Island and then begin your first loop. Just past mile 6 you’ll take a left on The Haul Over Road where you end back at Seabrook Island Road and continue your second loop. You’ll continue on the second loop and make your way back to the entrance of Seabrook Island taking a right when the loop connects back to Seabrook Island Road. You’ll proceed back to Anell Bluff Boulevard where you’ll make a left back into the Marina to finish.
- This event starts at the Bohicket Marina & Market and runs through the exclusive neighborhood of Seabrook Island.
- There will be parking available at the marina, which will fill up quickly.
- There will be overflow parking available at the field at the entrance to the marina.
- There will be extra overflow parking at the Seabrook Town Hall where golf carts will shuttle you back and forth to the Marina.
All participants of both the 5K Run/Walk and Half Marathon will receive a medal when they cross the finish line.
You can pick up your race bib and shirt on Friday November 15th, 2020 at Fleet Feet Mt Pleasant from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM or on race day starting at 6:15 AM.
This year’s shirt is a short sleeve triblend tee that will be comfortable all year round.
District ® Perfect Tri ® Tee
Three yarns form a perfect easygoing look.
- 4.5-ounce, 50/25/25 poly/combed ring spun cotton/rayon, 32 singles
- 1×1 rib knit neck
- Tear-away label
- Shoulder to shoulder taping
- available in men’s and women’s sizing
Top 3 overall male and female
First Master (40 years and older) male and female
First Grandmaster (50 years and older) male and female
First Great Grandmaster (60 years and older) male and female
Top 3 in the following age groups(14 and under,15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and over. )
Overall winners and masters winners will receive 18″ Pelicans and an certified copy of this year’s shirt picture by photographer Gloria P. Welch.
Age group winners will take home a smaller version of the pelican.
We’ll have food and drink afterwards!
Salty Dog will be providing hot dogs!
Southeastern Institute will be on site providing free massages to relax those muscles after the race!
DJ will be playing your favorite songs!
The Countdown to the 2020 event begins!
Full List of Events & Milestones
Early Registration Begins - January 27
Register for the 5K for $30.
Register for the Half Marathon for $65.
Half Marathon Early Registration Ends -August 17
Half Marathon registration price increases to $75.
Half Marathon Last Chance Registration Begins - October 18
Half Marathon registration price increases to $85.
Half Marathon Late Registration Begins - November 11
Half Marathon registration price increases to $95.
5K Late Registration Begins - November 12
5K registration price increases to $35.
Packet Pickup - November 15
Packet Pickup will be at Fleet Feet Mt. Pleasant
Packet Pickup will be from 11am to 6pm.
Race Day! - Jun 5
Packet Pickup starts at 6:15 AM.
Half marathon starts at 8:00 AM.
5K starts at 8:15 AM.
Awards Ceremony - Jun 5
5K awards will be given out at 9:30am.
Half marathon awards will be given out at 11:00am.
After Party - Jun 5
Join us after the race at the Bohicket Marina and Market to enjoy our after party with music and free beer and food!
Register to Race!
Register today to support this wonderful cause all while having fun!